Friday, April 24, 2009

ah once again I find myself sitting in front of my glowing computer screen alone on a friday evening.

where food becomes the focus of my day. 
and watching tv too seriously.


hanging out with my grandmother my mother and my sister. 
I've finally reached the age where Im no longer embarrassed
and I've adapted to ignore what is said. 

orem is a funny place. 
you see people at your local grocery store. 
the people you wouldn't normally want to see.
like my former fuck buddy a month prior. 
you know, the one who really convinced you that he liked you
and then stopped texting you after a certain point. 

and the girl that was kind of your friend but not really your friend
the one who was into your old boyfriend and you always felt superior to her until now.
as she sees you carrying a box of tampons and a tub of ice cream.
and you watch her steal beer. 
ah friday nights, a night to party
a night where i'm grocery shopping with all the girls in my family
after seeing highly predictable movie with your favorite teen crush. 
and as your making your way towards  a box of Midol 
you see the guys you long to hang out with, the guys you don't really know 
but you know their type, who listen to indie rock bands and cat stevens
who wear vans and flannel shirts they found at savers. 
the kids you would find at your local thrift shop or at disco night.

I came up with this funny idea of making new friends
just finally being able to talk to those thrift store shopping boys at the grocery store 
and you hope one peculiar guy will stand out and really like me for who i am 
and is interested in the books and bands i'm into. 
and falling in love and finally having my indie hippster boyfriend I've (and I know you) 
have longed for this entire time. 
But I know it will never happen, I get into this state of self pitty 
where I walk isle after isle seeing kids with their friends or on their phones.
while I text the only number in my phone. (mother) 
walking past a sorrowful isle of cold medicines and pain killers.
wondering if any of this could give me a good time.
snapping my self because I know I shouldn't. 
because I know I will have a great time 
spending an evening alone with my  blog typing about my negative views on life. 
and talking about my self inflicted loneliness and spending the evening drinking tea at 
un-reasonable amounts and gulping down ice cream straight out of the carton. 
looking on Myspace for my next possible "friend" or looking at my old boyfriends page.
excessively pressing "home" every 3 minutes.




all concluding to an evening where I once again 
do something completely predictable. 


this is life ladies and gentlemen.
this is life.. 

No comments: